Frequently Asked Questions
- What time will my movers arrive?
- Light Speed Delivery routes the trucks the day prior to moving day. We
will call you the day before your moving day let you know what time the
movers will be arriving.
- What happens if I have more or fewer items on local moving day?
- Light Speed Delivery will only charge you for the time and material needed to complete the actual move. When we perform the initial estimate, it is based on the number and type of items that were discussed. So, if you choose to move less and it takes less time than estimated, then you will save some money. If you decide that you want to have our professional movers do additional work and it takes more time, then it will cost a little more.
- Do I have to empty file cabinets?
- Metal vertical file cabinets can remain full, but lateral and wooden files must be emptied. The drawer slides on a lateral and wood files are not made to take the weight of the files during moving per the manufacturers.
- Do I have to empty my freezer or refrigerator?
- Yes, the freezer and refrigerator must be emptied to avoid the contents damaging the inside of your appliance.
- Do I have to take the mirror off my dressers?
- No, Light Speed Delivery brings along all the necessary tools that are needed to remove and re-install any mirrors attached to your dresser. We can also remove mirrors that are screwed to the wall.
- Can I leave clothing in my dressers?
- Light Speed Delivery will move your dressers with the drawers in them. The only items that may be left in a drawer is something made of cloth. Pressboard and other low-end furniture pieces must be completely empty to be transported safely. Please remove all jewelry, perfume, and non-clothing items.
- How big are your trucks?
- We have trucks to meet your needs including: 48’ truck & trailor, 26’ air-ride furniture vans, smaller 4WD box vans, and parcel vans.
- Do I have to take my beds apart?
- No, Light Speed Delivery brings along all the necessary tools to disassemble and reassemble your beds for you. If your bed has air or water fill, please have it empty before moving day. Additionally, some beds do require additional services and costs such as: log beds, very complicated bunk bed systems, and canopy beds. All of the bedding should be removed from the bed before the movers arrive.
- Do you do packing?
- Yes, our full trained packing and crating staff is ready to help you with any size project. We have professional organizers available to help with the pre-packing sorting and organizing.
- Do you offer storage?
- Yes, we offer climate controlled, secure facilities with our sister company, Lighthouse Holding Company, to protect your furniture.
- Do you move pianos/gun safes/hot tubs?
- Yes, Light Speed Delivery moves heavy items.
- Are you insured?
- Yes, Light Speed Delivery is fully insured $0.60/lb per article, full-service moving company and carry complete insurance coverage, including general liability, trucker’s liability, worker’s compensation and warehouseman’s legal.
Call or email for a FREE estimate!